On this day...(26 July)
- 1st Border Regiment: Gallipoli. Fatigues and training of last draft proceeds as usual.
- Lieut. Rupp rejoins convalescent from hospital on Mudros.
- 2nd Border Regiment is relieved in trenches by 2nd Warwicks Regiment and proceeds to billets at Lestrem.
- 6th Border Regiment spends whole day in reserve employed in sanitary fatigues, strengthening the Eske Lines and carrying water and ammunition to the firing line.
- During 25/26 July a small redoubt is held by 1 officer and 25 men.
- 7th Border Regiment in billets at Reninghelst.
- 2nd Border Regiment continues its training.
- Programme of training for 8th Border Regiment as follows:-
- 7:00-7:30am Physical training.
- 9:15-9:45am Battalion parade.
- 9:45-12:30pm Specialist classes.
- 2:00-4:00pm Lewis Gun Classes.
- During afternoon, inter Company football and tug of war competition. Weather fine.
- 11th Border Regiment moves from Bray-Dunes to Coxyde at 6:45am; arrives 9:30am. Two Coys on working party.
An altogether different history
|On This Day: An historical digest of the Border Regiment lists events between the years of the Regiment's existence (1881 – 1959). Events include a variety of different subjects such as the births and deaths of officers, NCO's and other ranks, actions of individuals and small groups, actions from regimental battle honours, casualty figures, reports and war diary extracts. This list is not exclusive and remains open to the inclusion of other relevant documentation.
Single day v's single year
- Single day – events are bulleted with linkable years the event occurred, listing the oldest first. Each 'single day' will only list events that occurred on that specific day over a period of many years. A month calendar is included on each page.
- Single year – events are bulleted with linkable dates (i.e. 1 July). Each 'single year' will list the events of many events in that specific year. A years navbar covering five years either side of the current year is included on each page.
Both types list the same events in slightly differing formats. To get started simply click on a day in the calendar below to be taken to the events on that day.
Notes, references and sources
|There is a need to provide the information in a concise and accurate manner to ensure that what you read on this site is to the point and, more importantly, genuine. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy there may be some events that appear inaccurate or dates that appear misleading. Human error is a very real factor with projects like this and mistakes are sometimes unavoidable.
- Notes – These are added to pages where additional notes are required that do not fit within the body of events listed.
- References – These are added to pages where necessary when specific references to events are required.
- Sources – These are added to the sources page and list all of the sources used in compiling the events in this project.
Please note this project is in its infancy and will take some time to populate it to any degree of entirety. Please do feel free to contact the administrator with any comments or concerns.