My Granda Albert Deacon 3605477 was 2 years Border reg

Topics about the Regiment during the Second World War.

Re: My Granda Albert Deacon 3605477 was 2 years Border reg

Postby IanT » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:05 pm

mrdeacon wrote:Hi Ian do you mean granda's war records ? if you are they came from Glasgow MOD just like you got your granda's records i think i also got his signing on papers and other stuff giving details granda's time in the war.
Regards Mike.

HI Mike, the records for my Dad came from Glasgow. He served from 1936 to 1959, but there is only basic information from the 1939-45 period.
Ian
IanT
Major
Major

Postby mrdeacon » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:13 pm

IanT wrote:
mrdeacon wrote:Hi Ian do you mean granda's war records ? if you are they came from Glasgow MOD just like you got your granda's records i think i also got his signing on papers and other stuff giving details granda's time in the war.
Regards Mike.

HI Mike, the records for my Dad came from Glasgow. He served from 1936 to 1959, but there is only basic information from the 1939-45 period.
Ian

Ha i see that is strange then because my other granda's records are the same as Albert's with all the detaials from where he went and what he got up to just like Albert's,even to the point where it says that Bob went AWOL for a week or 2 andgot put in the slammer which was a shock to me i can tell you.

Regards Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 pm

mrdeacon wrote:i also got his signing on papers and other stuff giving details granda's time in the war.

I was lucky enough to get all my granddad's medals plus a few bit and pieces such as the Desert Rat from his uniform, an old compass, some buttons and pins from his time in the Lancashire Regt. and some photos too. I haven't looked through his army records for some time now but might dig them out and have another look.
mrdeacon wrote:Thanks Chris for sorting my password out cheers.

No problem, glad it worked ok. Any other issues just let me know ;-)

Just so you know I added a new forum called Non Border Regiment Units to the General Discussion board so any new topics relating to that can go there.

Chris
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Forgot to post a photo of Albert which i have just had reworked. He is in his Royal Engineer uniform the only one that we can find on him unfortunately. A before and after photo.
Attachments
Granda Sapper Albert Deacon.jpg
Granda Sapper Albert Deacon.jpg (3.12 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
mike10001%20(2)_PI_RC.jpg
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:28 pm

It's great to finally see the chap!!

The reworking is very well done, professionally done Mike? I could've had a go for you using photoshop although I am a little rusty on it at the moment. :-\ Whilst the reworked image looks fantastic, soft and subtle, I do find there is something very characteristic about the original with creases, dog-eared or missing corners and all etc. (providing it isn't too badly damaged that you can't see anything obviously).

Chris
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Yes Chris it was profesionaly done but i was lucky the chap was offering a free limited service so i jumped at the chance, also got a picture of Alberts dad done in his R.A.F Ambulance uniform when he rejoined in WW2 he also served in WW1.
I am sorry never thought to ask i should have known knowing how much you enjoy photographing i do have another 2 if you would like to have a look at and see what you can do with them if the offer is still on ;-)
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 am

That was lucky. I can have a look after I have finished uploading images on the wiki but there are no guarantees it will look as good as the pro one :-\

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Chris that is what i thought very lucky indeed especially if you had seen great grandas photo before it was done.

Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Mike,

I received the other photos you sent me and they are a better resolution, which should make it easier for me to try and edit them. I will have to convert them from pdf first before I can do anything with them but I think PS Elements can do that.

I might not get much time this weekend as I have to work and extra day this week (not happy about that :-'( ); leave it with me though and give me a reminder if you haven't heard anything from me in a couple of weeks. ;-)

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Chris are you haveing a laugh :lol:, me to remind you with my memory :eeek:

Cheers much appreciated.

Mike
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext