Pte Fred Acton, D Company, 1st Batt

Topics about the Regiment during the Second World War.

Pte Fred Acton, D Company, 1st Batt

Postby lindsie » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:07 am

Hello
I'm reaching out to see if anyone can help me trace any relatives of the above Fred Acton. I know he served with D Company, !st batt Border Regt. His service number is 3606573. He was billeted at Woodhall Spa for a short time, which is where I am from, and I believe I may have stumbled across some information for his family. From my limited research I believe he was taken POW in 1944. I'd love to speak to anyone who could help me further as I'd really like to pass this information to the family

Many Thanks

Lindsie Ward
lindsie
Private
Private

Re: Pte Fred Acton, D Company, 1st Batt

Postby IanT » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Lindsie, Fred Acton is also listed in the Arnhem Roll in "When Dragons Flew", appendix 2. It indicates he was a PoW from 25th September 1944, and was from Whitefield, Manchester.
Ian
IanT
Major
Major

Re: Pte Fred Acton, D Company, 1st Batt

Postby plbramham » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:46 pm

I believe that there was an "Acton" who won the Victoria Cross with the Border Regiment - any relation?
Regards Paul
plbramham
General
General

Return to World War Two