National Service 1955 to 1957

Topics about the Regiment after the Second World War up to the amalgamation in 1959.

Re: National Service 1955 to 1957

Postby kerchi » Wed May 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Great photos Tom, thanks for sharing them. I particularly like the Christmas party one of 1956 and the compliment of men who worked in the orderly room. It would be great if more guys like yourself stumbled across the forum and shared their photos and stories.....speaking of which, I would like to hear any stories of your time with the regiment.

Chris
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby BerlinBrian » Mon May 23, 2011 8:28 am

Hi All
Doe´s anyone know my dad Edward (ted) Howard ,was marred to a germany lady named Rose windus
he was a L/CPL Army number 25238431 was in Göttingen untill being posted to Berlin with the regiment
BerlinBrian
Private
Private

Postby kerchi » Mon May 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Hello Brian, a warm welcome to the forum :-)

I just noticed you posted a similar question last month but with no reply. As there are only a very small number of ex-Border Regiment soldiers registered on the forum, you might have to wait until there is a little more interest for this period to build up. I hope, in time, more former soldiers will find us and and say hello. What we need is to somehow get the word out so that other former members of the Regiment will notice the forum and join up. With any luck someone might know your dad.

What do you know of your dad's time in the Border Regiment? Have you any photos you could share with us?

Chris
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby macko799 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:52 am

im trying to find anyone who know my dad who was in the border regiment pte terry maxwell from liverpool
i am try to get hold of any pics of him in the army
macko799
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Post-WW2 (1945-1959)