The Alma Project

Discussions about the museum, the displays and the castle (not affiliated with this site).

The Alma Project

Postby JohnFearn » Sat May 16, 2009 9:55 pm

The Regimental Museum has launched a fund-raising appeal supporting the move from the current location in Queen Mary's Tower to the former Alma barracks in the outer ward of Carlisle Castle - The Alma Project.Full details and a donation form can be found at [url=http://www.kingsownbordermuseum.btik.com/p_Appeal_For_New_Museum.ikml]http://www.kingsownbordermuseum.btik.co ... useum.ikml[/url]A very worthwhile project - the Museum desperately needs more space.
JohnFearn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: The Alma Project

Postby IanT » Sat May 16, 2009 10:07 pm

It certainly felt a bit cramped when we visited in 2005. Let's hope the money floods in.
Ian
IanT
Major
Major

Postby kerchi » Sun May 17, 2009 3:08 pm

I will definitely be making my contribution to this extremely worthwhile project  :)I haven't looked into it yet but out of curiosity how much do they need?
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby JohnFearn » Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm

[quote author=kerchi link=topic=1003.msg1722#msg1722 date=1242572924]
I haven't looked into it yet but out of curiosity how much do they need?
[/quote]Looks like the total cost of the project is in excess of £1.8 million, with the bulk of the funding coming from "a Heritage Lottery Fund grant and support from the Regiment". I couldn't see a specific figure for the pupblic appeal.
JohnFearn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby IanT » Mon May 18, 2009 10:29 am

I've just phoned the museum and they don't have a specific figure for the public appeal, though they need to raise a matching sum to go with funding from the Lottery.
Ian
IanT
Major
Major

Postby astonblake » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 pm

The Alma Project is a program that provides multicultural curriculum for early childhood education (ECE) through twelfth grade. We are committed to supporting the cultural infusion of standards-based lessons into the daily curriculum. Our exciting collection of units broadens the teacher's ability to teach a more inclusive and accurate curriculum through a literacy-based approach. More importantly, it honors the cultural and historical contributions of various ethnicities represented in Denver Public Schools—which is 80 percent minority...
astonblake
Private
Private

Postby IanT » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 pm

astonblake wrote:The Alma Project is a program that provides multicultural curriculum for early childhood education (ECE) through twelfth grade. We are committed to supporting the cultural infusion of standards-based lessons into the daily curriculum. Our exciting collection of units broadens the teacher's ability to teach a more inclusive and accurate curriculum through a literacy-based approach. More importantly, it honors the cultural and historical contributions of various ethnicities represented in Denver Public Schools—which is 80 percent minority...

I think this has been posted in the wrong forum!!
IanT
Major
Major

Postby kerchi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:40 am

IanT wrote:I think this has been posted in the wrong forum!!

Just deleted the post.....nonesense.

Does anyone know of the progress yet? Haven't looked into this for a while.
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Return to Border Regiment Museum