The Beacon Whitehaven.

Discussions about the museum, the displays and the castle (not affiliated with this site).

The Beacon Whitehaven.

Postby mrdeacon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 pm

I no this is not the Border Reg.museum at Carlisle but i didn't no where else to put these pictures i took today at The Beacon Museum at Whitehaven. An excellent rememberence of Private Abraham Acton of the 2nd Border Regiment VC.
Attachments
Photo1376.jpg
Photo1375.jpg
Photo1374.jpg
Photo1372.jpg
Photo1371.jpg
Photo1370.jpg
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Beacon Whitehaven.

Postby mrdeacon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Also here is some more Border Regiment stuff that are in the museum.
Attachments
Photo1368.jpg
Photo1367.jpg
Photo1366.jpg
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby spike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks for posting Mike,
The displays are very good and a nice way to tell the story of a hero
of the Border Regiment....
spike
General
General

Postby kerchi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 pm

mrdeacon wrote:I no this is not the Border Reg.museum at Carlisle but i didn't no where else to put these pictures i took today at The Beacon Museum at Whitehaven. An excellent rememberence of Private Abraham Acton of the 2nd Border Regiment VC.

Not a problem Mike, I should've really expanded this section to include other museums but to be perfectly honest I didn't think about other museums in the county holding Border Regiment memorabilia. A little short sighted I know.....don't shoot me :-\

It would be nice if the Border Regiment Museum allowed for some of their displays to be shown in this forum on a regular basis but I don't want to waste their valuable time asking for permission.

I agree with Spike, these are great displays. I just wish I lived closer to appreciate them up close.
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Cheers guys glad you liked the pictures,they have really done a nice job on Private Arthur Acton's display it looks excellent.

Regards Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Border Regiment Museum