Have you been to the Museum?

Discussions about the museum, the displays and the castle (not affiliated with this site).

Have you been to the Museum?

Postby kerchi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Tell us what you thought of your experiences of the Border Regiment Museum. If you haven't been yet, visit the website here at:The Border Regiment Museum Official Site and plan your visit!
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Re: Have you been to the Museum?

Postby mrdeacon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:14 pm

kerchi wrote:Tell us what you thought of your experiences of the Border Regiment Museum. If you haven't been yet, visit the website here at:The Border Regiment Museum Official Site and plan your visit!

Hello Chris the link doesn't work or am i doing something wrong ,as for the question no i haven't been yet just typical something thats on your doorstep and you don't go and visit ,was just last year i went to William Wordsworths house in Cockermouth for the first time ever i only lived in Cockermouth for 25 years until i married and moved to Egremont
regards Michael
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Michael, the link works again. It appears they had changed the address slightly to the home page, thanks for pointing that out :-)

I would go more often if I lived nearby but being on the south coast it proves a little difficult :-(
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Hopefully this bank holiday I am going to the Border Museum and I can't wait.

Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 pm

I'd like to go back again as it has been far too long since I visited last.

Let us know how you get on ;-)

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby Pladhams » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Went up when i was researching the 4th Battalions part in the BEF in WW2, very helpful with info and fantastic displays, hoping to go when they have moved into the new block and hopefully present a copy of my Grandfathers photo from when he was in Burma/India.
Pladhams
Corporal
Corporal

Postby kerchi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Yes, they are very helpful and the displays are among some of the best I have seen. They will be happy to receive a photo of your grandfather.

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby plbramham » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:58 pm

mrdeacon wrote:Hopefully this bank holiday I am going to the Border Museum and I can't wait.

Mike.

Hi, If you visit the museum and happen to see Stuart ( curator) please tell him that the Kendal 1914 centenary exhibition is progressing nicely, and that I am trying to make sure that the Border Regiment gets a (justifiably) large mention!
Cheers Paul
( He'll know my name - just say "Paul from Kendal")
plbramham
General
General

Postby mrdeacon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:29 pm

plbramham wrote:
mrdeacon wrote:Hopefully this bank holiday I am going to the Border Museum and I can't wait.

Mike.

Hi, If you visit the museum and happen to see Stuart ( curator) please tell him that the Kendal 1914 centenary exhibition is progressing nicely, and that I am trying to make sure that the Border Regiment gets a (justifiably) large mention!
Cheers Paul
( He'll know my name - just say "Paul from Kendal")

Will do Paul as long as I remember :lol:
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Border Regiment Museum