Hi from Mike _new member

Introduce yourself and let us know a little bit about you.
Forum rules Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules (located in 'Announcement and News') before making any posts, thank you.

Hi from Mike _new member

Postby michaelr12 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:55 pm

My interest is in the 2nd battalion as I have family link to a cousin (2x removed) who was transfered to the battalion on 2nd Oct 1916. I have been lucky in finding his service record. Initially he joined the Lancashire Fusiliers (28988) before being transfered to the 2nd Battalion. For leaving his post without permission he was given 14 days FP No 1 and then later sent to FGCM for striking a superior officer. At trial on the 25 Oct he was given 1 years prison with hard labour which was commuted to FP No 1 4 days later. I believe his behavior was due to the fact that he found out that his older brother had been killednear Guillemot/Ginchy in early September whilst with the King's Liverpool Regiment. I will be looking for war diaries and anything else to provide some background
michaelr12
Private
Private

Re: Hi from Mike _new member

Postby plbramham » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:58 am

Welcome to the forum,
Sounds like an interesting character!
My initial (quick ) reaction is to say go to the WW1 section of the forum, click on to 2nd Bn, and if you scroll down through you will find that I have done a full transcript of the 2nd Bn war diary, ( I posted them by month) so I bet you will find something relevant to your ancestor,
Best Wishes Paul
plbramham
General
General

Postby kerchi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:55 am

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.

We don't tend to hear stories of men going AWOL or striking superior officers very often here. I hope you are fruitful in finding more information.
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Welcome to the forum Mike from another Mike, I hope you find what you want.

Regards Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Introduce yourself