Seven Brothers from Kendal

A place for photos of your ancestor and the battalion in which served.

Seven Brothers from Kendal

Postby Lin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello Everyone,
In case it's of interest I thought I would post an image from the Westmorland Gazette showing seven 'Dixon' brothers from Kendal all of whom served during WWI. At least three of them were with the Border Regiment - Ernest, Walter and Fred. Unfortunately, Ernest (8th Btn - 15116)was KiA 10/4/1918, with Walter (8th Btn - 19360) KiA on 11/7/1916. I've not really looked into the others since it was rather a fluke that I came across them - but as far as I know the other five all survived. However, I can't help but wonder whether this could be some kind of record, at least for the NW of England? I hope it's of interest and it will be intriguing to see if it elicits any other similar stories. Regards.
Lin
Lin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: Seven Brothers from Kendal

Postby kerchi » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:03 pm

The image is in this post: Seven brothers from Kendal ;-)
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Return to Photographs