Re:Lonsdales Mentioned in the London Gazette

Lonsdales Mentioned in the London Gazette

Postby kerchi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:26 pm

So far I have only found three instances where the Lonsdales have been mentioned in the London Gazette; maybe there are others but a search wasn't yielding any other results. The following brief text was copied from The London Gazette, dated the 1st December, 1914. The Lonsdale Battalion, The Border Regiment,
Major Charles Henry Harrison, Territorial Force Reserve, to be temporary Major. Dated 5th November, 1914.The undermentioned to be temporary Second Lieutenants: â€â€Â
Attachments
Page_39__1st_Dec_1914_.pdf
(117.23 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby kerchi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:29 pm

This one is short to say the least...
The Lonsdale Battalion, The Border RegimentAlfred Towers Settle to be temporary Second Lieutenant. Dated 21st November,
Attachments
Page_12__4th_Dec_1914_.pdf
(111.17 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby kerchi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:54 pm

From the SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 14 OCTOBER, 1914.LOCAL BATTALIONS NEW ARMY.
The undermentioned Officers to command Battalions and those under the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel are granted the termporary rank of Lieutenant-Colonel: â€â€Â
Attachments
Page_5__13th_Oct_1914_.pdf
(115.01 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Re: Lonsdales Mentioned in the London Gazette

Postby wingtsun20 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi, I found two on my GG Grandfather G.H. LiftonThe Border Regiment.
Temporary Lieutenant Gilbert H. Lifton,
from a Service Battalion, to be temporary
Captain. Dated 1st December, 1915.
Temporary Second Lieutenant James
Allan, from a Service Battalion,, to be temporary
Second Lieutenant. Dated 18th
January, 1916, but with seniority from 30t August 1915They are on the net in .PDF format trying to remember where I found them....
wingtsun20
Private
Private

Return to 11th Battalion