6th Bn officers group April 1916

6th Bn officers group April 1916

Postby plbramham » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Group photo from The Tatler "Sporting and Country House Supplement" issue dated April 12 1916. Therefore this photo would have been taken in Egypt as, after leaving Gallipoli, the battalion arrived at Alexandria in January 1916 for six months duty guarding The Suez Canal before sailing to Marseilles to take up duties on The Western Front.

Incidentally some of these officers are mentioned on my 6th Bn. diary transcripts, Click links below, Paul

6th Bn BORDER REGIMENT war diary, Gallipoli part 1- viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2509
6th Bn BORDER REGIMENT war diary, Gallipoli part 2- viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2510
Attachments
6th border officers April 1916.jpg
plbramham
General
General

Re: 6th Bn officers group April 1916

Postby kerchi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:52 pm

This is a great photo. I have used this in an article I have on the wiki about Capt. Adam Fulton (4th from the left on the back row). I didn't write the article. I was, however, very luck to receive information about Capt. Fulton from his grandson Mr Hugh Fulton and the author of the article, Mr John M.Cameron, who wrote it for the 1994 Spring issue of the Western Front Association journal "Stand To" and is reproduced in the article on the wiki by kind permission of the author.
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby kerchi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Here is a photo of Capt. Fulton from the article (I'm sure his grandson won't mind me posting here as it is already on the wiki).
Captain_Adam_Fulton.jpg
Captain_Adam_Fulton.jpg (20.34 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby plbramham » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 am

Incidentally some of these officers are mentioned on my 6th Bn. diary transcripts, Click links below, Paul

6th Bn BORDER REGIMENT war diary, Gallipoli part 1- viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2509
6th Bn BORDER REGIMENT war diary, Gallipoli part 2- viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2510
plbramham
General
General

Return to 6th Battalion