Newfoundland Park - Beaumont Hamel

There have been televised and radio broadcast documentaries about people and places relating to the Regiment; if you have seen any please mention them here.

Re: Newfoundland Park - Beaumont Hamel

Postby garrytrown » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:40 pm

ScottieAbsolutely no problem there, could I ask where you stayed and what time of year you went.RegardsGarry
garrytrown
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby CockneyTone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Garry,if its a 'lad's trip' I normally stay at Avril Williams place in Auchonvillers which is the nearest village to the Newfoundland Park.Its a great location to base yourself, just a ten minute stroll from the park and an ideal place to start some other interesting walks in the area.Let me know if you need further details of Avril's place and i will sort it out.I normally like to go March/April or Sept/Oct/Nov, during this time ploughing/harvesting has been completed and you get a better view of the fields. Plus its less busy with other battlefield tourists! Regards,
Scottie.

CockneyTone
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby garrytrown » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:17 am

Scottie,Many thanks for the info, could I ask how much you paid to stay with Avril, what the accomodation was like, how was the food etc, I stayed at "Bellevue" camp site in Authuille, the owner is a wonderful mand and he put me close to the shower bloc.I enjoyed my stay immensley and picked May for its weather, light nights, I'm definately going over again next year and am currently looking at other options.

Garry
garrytrown
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby CockneyTone » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:17 am

Garry,I have sent you a PM with details,Regards,
Scottie.
CockneyTone
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Previous