What lands in your garden

The place to kick off those shoes and take it easy.
Forum rules In this forum you can talk about anything you like (within reason of course!) so relax, be yourself and have a chat about random interests...

What lands in your garden

Postby mrdeacon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:10 pm

I have just seen this lovely little Sparrow in my garden tonight.
So what do you have landing in your garden ?
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
mk.jpg
jj.jpg
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: What lands in your garden

Postby spike » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:21 am

8-)

SPIKE

LINK - Border Regiment in the Great War Websites
(right click and open in new tab)

In memory of -19455 Private John Farrer,
A Company 11th Border Regiment k.i.a. 1st July 1916
spike
General
General

Postby plbramham » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:50 am

An albino sparrow! - must be rare? I feed the birds too , but I must admit - like Spike, I'm really a Labrador fan,but they cost much more to keep (always hungry!) than the odd handful of bird seed of course!
Cheers Paul
plbramham
General
General

Postby plbramham » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:06 am

Pix from the garden
The Blackbird used to come tapping on the kitchen window every morning for his "breakfast" ( which he knew was on the tray just inside the window - scroll down on photo and see bread crust on sill inside that he's looking at )
He was badly injured (sparrowhawk or cat I guess) when he was young and had a severe injury to his eye which swelled and went septic ( which went opaque and I guess he lost vision) Anyway I kept leaving food in an "accepted" place and he gathered strength and went on to breed at least another couple of clutches of offspring ( who of course now expect feeding too!)
The blackbird, who I named "Peep" because of the noise he made as soon as I went to the back door, became so tame that he would feed by hand (I know that's not a good thing for wildlife, but perhaps the only reason he survived)and used to follow me round when I was gardening so I could throw him worms.
Sadly he vanished so must now be demised, but I have a flock of his blackbird offspring still
Incidentally the hedgehog is not dead - just surprised by the flash - never knew that they had blue eyes!
Also, I don't live out in the country - just on a normal housing estate on the outskirts of Kendal. Most of you viewing this will know I was a press photographer , but these photos were not taken on "fancy equipment" - just a second hand camera costing £70! (You really CAN get decent photos from cheap equipment if you practice and get to know what you are doing I guess)

" RIP Peep!"

Cheers Paul
Attachments
peep%20window.jpg
peep%20window.jpg (121.12 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
hedgehog.jpg
daffsbee2.jpg
plbramham
General
General

Postby mrdeacon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:58 pm

I haven't got any photos but at the bottom of my garden I have 5 rabbits.
And NO Spike your cute dog can't come and play :lol:
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to The 'Lounge'