My meet up with Paul.

The place to kick off those shoes and take it easy.
Forum rules In this forum you can talk about anything you like (within reason of course!) so relax, be yourself and have a chat about random interests...

Re: My meet up with Paul.

Postby plbramham » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks Mike ,

I enjoyed it too. I like showing people "my town" even though is really is not - I'm a Yorkshireman!

Will be happy to show anyone else around.

Sorry about my disability! If you'd come 15 years ago I could have run up to the castle - not had to use a handrail. ( Mind you, you may have noticed I refused to use my walking stick, won't give in to that yet - I'm a stubborn type!)

Cheers Paul
plbramham
General
General

Postby kerchi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:44 am

plbramham wrote:I was often asked this (number of photos I took) during my talks to camera clubs, WIs etc. I honestly cannot say. Lets just say if I averaged at least even if only one 36 exposure film a day for 26 years - well work it out eh?

I did work out I drove well over a quarter of million miles!

Cheers Paul

Ok, so that works out:
- if you worked a five day week
- if you had four weeks off a year (just guess work - could be more or less)
- and take into account that there would be days when you took more photos, or didn't take any at all etc.

......at 224,640 photos, almost the same amount of miles you drove! Impressive :|o
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby mrdeacon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 pm

On my Kendal visit i took 560 photos, but i also stopped off at 2 other cemetery's on my way back home :lol:
And then got a bollocking off the wife for not letting her know ::)

Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mrdeacon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm

mrdeacon wrote:On my Kendal visit i took 560 photos, but i also stopped off at 2 other cemetery's on my way back home :lol:

Mike.

Can't believe it but I have been looking at my file of photos and I seem to have lost all my photos from Kendal, well gutted I can tell you :-(
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby plbramham » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Always happy to show anyone around Kendal. Unfortunately I have no transport, but my house is VERY easy to find from the M6
Cheers Paul
plbramham
General
General

Postby kerchi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:55 pm

mrdeacon wrote:
mrdeacon wrote:On my Kendal visit i took 560 photos, but i also stopped off at 2 other cemetery's on my way back home :lol:

Mike.

Can't believe it but I have been looking at my file of photos and I seem to have lost all my photos from Kendal, well gutted I can tell you :-(

Sorry to hear that Mike. I know how that feels and it's not a great feeling, especially when you put a lot of effort into it. What happened? Did you not copy them over to the computer before deleting them on the camera? :-\
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby plbramham » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Mike, I know you are in the caravan but hope you get this message.
Obviously we should meet earlier in the day, in Kendal, but I have arranged for you to have the Border Regiment/ 55th Westmorland Regiment colours cabinet to be opened for you at the church 2.30pm.
A bit too short notice for me to get you a Mayor's Parlour visit. Maybe save that next " treat" for your next visit, an d bring family if interested?
Cheers Paul
plbramham
General
General

Postby mrdeacon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Once again I am indebted to Paul for another fantastic day touring around (his patch) Kendal. Cheers Paul I really enjoyed it and the family say a big HI, they were glad to finally meet you after all this time.
Say a big thanks to Mike for allowing me to see the flags it made my holiday I can tell you, to see the flag of the dragon was a fantastic thrill and an honour thank you very much it is something I am never going to forget.

Cheers Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby plbramham » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Mike . How about posting your images of the standards in the Kendal parish church - especially the China dragon one and the "tatty" WW1 battle flag?
Regards Paul
plbramham
General
General

Previous

Return to The 'Lounge'