My meet up with Paul.

The place to kick off those shoes and take it easy.
Forum rules In this forum you can talk about anything you like (within reason of course!) so relax, be yourself and have a chat about random interests...

My meet up with Paul.

Postby mrdeacon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Tomorrow 20/6/2014 i will be meeting up with Paul, and he will be showing me around Kendal and all of it's memorials and museums of the Border Regiment. What Paul as lined up looks really exciting i can't wait.

Regards Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: My meet up with Paul.

Postby plbramham » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:03 pm

If anyone wants a "Kendal guided visit" let me know with a bit of notice- never a problem
Regards Paul
plbramham
General
General

Postby mrdeacon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:47 pm

I would just like to say a big thanks to my great host and tour guide for the day, I had a fantastic day being shown around Kendal and all of the Border Regiment interests in the town cheers Paul.
We will definitely meet up again and finish off the cemetery only 7 WW1 and 3 WW2 headstones to find.
Till next time.

Best wishes Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:39 am

Just noticed this posting, sorry been so busy with sorting the house move out etc., etc. Wish I could've gone. I would have loved to have met up with you both and have a wander round chatting about Border related interests and other such stuff.

I will definitely try and make a visit up to Cumbria after the move when settled in new employment (and have put aside some money for the trip) will get in touch with you Paul so we can make arrangements. Will let you know closer to the time ;-)
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby kerchi » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:41 am

Mike, any photos of your visit to Kendal by any chance?

You don't seem like one to pass up a chance to take a few snap shots of monuments!! :-)
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby plbramham » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:22 pm

No problem Mike, will do the same for anyone else if interested
Regards Paul
plbramham
General
General

Postby mrdeacon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 pm

kerchi wrote:Mike, any photos of your visit to Kendal by any chance?

You don't seem like one to pass up a chance to take a few snap shots of monuments!! :-)

I will do Chris once i sort them out, but Paul may have done them already i will have to have a look.

If you get the chance to visit Paul (and i recommend it) you will have a great day.

Mike.
mrdeacon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kerchi » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:18 am

mrdeacon wrote:I will do Chris once i sort them out, but Paul may have done them already i will have to have a look.

If you get the chance to visit Paul (and i recommend it) you will have a great day.

Mike.

If you are anything like me you will have probably taken quite a few photos that day so I know what it's like to sort through photos in their hundreds.....and Paul will obviously know what that's like.

Just a thought: Paul, I wonder how many photos you have taken during your photo journalist career. Must be a huuuuuuuge amount! :|o

I have wanted to visit (the area in general again) for time but just haven't had the opportunity to do so; a walk around Kendal to take in some of the sights is definitely most appealing as the last time I was there was to look at some family history related records a few years ago and everything else just passed by.

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby hussar1000 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:01 am

I haven't been to Kendal for many many years but remember it as a pretty town with plenty of interest to see.
hussar1000
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby plbramham » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Quote:
"Just a thought: Paul, I wonder how many photos you have taken during your photo journalist career. Must be a huuuuuuuge amount!"

I was often asked this during my talks to camera clubs, WIs etc. I honestly cannot say. Lets just say if I averaged at least even if only one 36 exposure film a day for 26 years - well work it out eh?

I did work out I drove well over a quarter of million miles!

Cheers Paul
plbramham
General
General

Next

Return to The 'Lounge'